Thursday, June 10, 2010

What is House Seasoning??

I while back I was making a Paula Deen recipe for lasagna.  It soooo does NOT qualify as healthy cooking. But it does qualify as fan-freking-tastic (expecailly with my changes) so one day, when I splurge and make it again, I'll post it.  Anyhoo, I digress, back to the house seasoning... the recipe called for a "House Seasoning" (at least that's what she called it, so that's what I'll call it until I come up with something better.  Let me know if you have any ideas.) and had a simple recipe that followed for a blend of salt, pepper and garlic powder.  At first I thought, nah, I'll just wing it and add my own seasonings.  But then I found an empty glass jar with a lid in the cabinet and decided, why not?  My suggestion, do it!  I serously reach for that glass jar for EVERYTHING now!  I LOVE it!  It's a great all purpose blend that I use in everything, scrambled eggs, veggies, chicken breasts pasta sauce, you name it.  Enjoy!

House Seasoning (I'm pretty sure I doubled this):

1 cup salt (I use fine sea salt)
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months

1 comment: