Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Cream

I can’t believe I’ve made three healthy meals in a row, out of a cookbook, without spending tons of time on the internet reading reviews, without using tons of ingredients, and they’ve all been winners! Now I can’t promise this is going to keep happening, but for now, I’m enjoying it, and I’m pretty sure Chad is to!

Last night I made Grilled Chicken w/ Rustic Mustard Cream and Green Beans w/ Country Mustard & Herbs on the side. Yum, Yum, Yum! I’ve just recently started finding an appreciation for Dijon mustard, used to hate the stuff. So at first bite, I wasn’t sure about the chicken. But each bite I liked it more & more. By the end I was like, “I do believe this is company worthy!” I was wishing I had room for seconds! And the green beans were great & shamefully easy. All this time I thought green beans had to be loaded with bacon to taste that good! Not that I’ll forget bacon forever, just maybe for now. Both of these recipes were from the Fresh Food Fast cookbook and the whole thing took less than 20 minutes to make, including prep time. Enjoy!

Grilled Chicken w/ Rustic Mustard Cream
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (I forgot to buy light & had to use regular)
1 tablespoon water
Rosemary sprigs (optional)

Preparation
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine 1 teaspoon mustard, oil, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; brush evenly over chicken. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
3. While chicken grills, combine 1 tablespoon mustard, mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Serve mustard cream with grilled chicken. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Calories: 262, Fat: 10g

Note:  Once again I didn't use the grill.  Just the hot pan, and a quick sear on each side.  Since I'm splitting my breasts in half and pounding them, they are much thinner making for a very quick cooking time.

Green Beans w/ Country Mustard and Herbs
1 (12-ounce) package trimmed green beans
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preparation
1. Microwave green beans according to package directions.
2. While beans cook, place butter and remaining ingredients in a serving bowl. Add beans; toss gently until butter melts.
Calories: 55, Fat: 3g

Leftover Makeover Idea:  Usually I just put leftovers in containers and we take them for for lunch the next day.  However, this time all we had left was two pieces of chicken and some sauce.  Not much of a lunch if you ask me.  What to do, what to do???  Well, I chopped the chicken up, added a little minced red onion and the remaining sauce... wallah, chicken salad!  Into a container, a couple slices of wheat bread in one ziplock & the rest of the fixins for a yummy sandwich in a few more & you've got the perfect lunch!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment