Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh Stockton…



Sunday afternoon, back in the good ole 209, we made our way out to the Asparagus Festival. Now can I just tell you how I have not gone to this festival for anything other than the “drunk fest” since I was like 6. In fact, it was at our beloved celebration of asparagus that I received a MIP (Minor in Possession) for drinking a beer and trying to pass of a fake ID to a cop. Not the smartest move of my life, but we live and learn, right? Ok, so anyway, this year we decide to be grown ups & go on a Sunday, stroll Asparagus Alley, take in a concert and use our tickets for items other than just beer. I didn’t say NO beer, I just meant we’d actually buy some food & some actual asparagus this time.

I have to say there’s something to be said for this grown up stuff… we had ourselves a pretty good time. The crowds weren’t crazy and there were no drunken fights. We had more food than I care to admit & remained sober enough to judge – oops, I mean people watch. Boy oh boy there are some interesting characters out there! But what do you expect when you are attending a Love Boy concert? (Am I the only one who didn’t know who they were??)

Lockford Sausage, Yummo!


BBQ Oysters

No comments:

Post a Comment