Thursday, July 5, 2012

Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn


This delightful stuff has been floating around Pinterest for awhile now.  A big THANK YOU to blogger Chef in Training for introducing this easy & oh so naughty snack to the world!  And despite my BFF's WARNINGS not to make this addictive little treat, I couldn't help myself.  We'll blame it on the newly acquired popcorn machine! 

Since we were having a few friends over for a BBQ & Mr. B was having fun playing with his toy, after he'd popped up 3 or so batches of popcorn, I decided it was time to try this irresistible looking treat.  So, into the kitchen to gather the few necessary ingredients.  Luckily I had basically everything on hand.  Unfortunately, I only had a small amount of mini marshmallows left, which sent me into a near panic, until I discovered the jar of Marshmallow Fluff in the fridge!  Phew, that was a close one!
So glad I finally made this!  Also glad I chose to make it when there were 9 other people to help us eat it.  A whole batch of this to yourself would be a DANGEROUS thing!  Make this, share this, enjoy this!

Ingredients:


1 bag of microwavable popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 Tbls loght corn syrup or honey
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
12 large marshmallows

Directions:
Prepare popcorn making sure to remove any stray kernels (if you are fond of your teeth, you really shouldn't skip this step!)  Melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, extract and marshmallows.  Turn heat to medium and stir until marshmallows are melted, no lumps!  Pour over popcorn and stir in until popcorn is evenly coated.

Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Who am I kidding, there will most likley be NO leftovers to store!

2 comments: