Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Meatless Monday: Veggie Patty Parmesan

Sometimes on a hot day I just don't feel like going to the store after work.  Yesterday was one of those days!  Dinner time is so much easier when you prepare in advance.  Someday day I'll be that person who has my meals planned out a week in advance.  But not today.

My first thoughts yesterday evening included: I don't know what to make for dinner, we have nothing for me to make, and finally I give up!  After a few moments of pity party, inspiration hit me. We purchased THESE Veggie Patties at Costco the other day.  They are Don Lee Farms Veggie Patties. I was pleased to see that the ingredient list did not include anything that sounded like it came from a chemists lab.  Mr. B is quite please with them and takes them to work for lunch.  He always eats them as a burger, on a bun, but I got inspired to do something a little different with them for dinner. 

With the addition of some whole wheat pasta, fresh spinach, some marinara sauce, and a little Parmesan cheese, I threw together a Veggie Patty Parmesan.  It was easy as can be and dinner literally came together in 15 min!

Veggie Patty Parmesan
(This was for 2 servings.  Could easily be changed to serve more!)

2 Veggie Patties
2 cups (+/-) Marinara Sauce
1 cup Whole Wheat Pasta
2 large handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook veggie patties according to directions.  While patties are cooking, boil pasta.  Once pasta is cooked and drained, toss in a pot with 1/2 of the marinara sauce and the spinach.  Divide into individual servings on plates.  Place cooked veggie patty on pasta, top each patty with remaining marinara sauce, and a sprinkling of cheese.  In fifteen minutes you have a tasty meal that you can feel good about.  Enjoy!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment