Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cheers!


So I was given a small challenge for this month... not only to find a yummy holiday recipe or two to share, but maybe even a tasty beverage???  Oh that's a challenge I'm up for!  When I saw this while flipping through my Cooking Light Magazine I just knew I had to share!  You can garnish with fresh mint and cranberries to make it extra beautiful and festive!  Prepare the rosemary-infused juice mixture up to one day ahead, and chill.  Enjoy!


White Cranberry Spritzer
Cooking Light

2 3/4 cups white cranberry juice drink (such as Ocean Spray)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
12 mint leaves
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 cups club soda, chilled
1 1/2 cups white rum
Crushed ice

1. Combine cranberry juice, sugar, rosemary, and 12 mint leaves in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Strain juice mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Stir in lime juice; cover and refrigerate.
2. Combine juice mixture, club soda, and rum in a large pitcher; stir well to combine. Serve mixture over crushed ice. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment