Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chicken Foil Packets


The weather is warming up and the light of day is lasting a little longer.  I love this time of year.  Its such a nice feeling to get off work at the end of the day and not have it be pitch black by the time I walk out the door.  Sometimes on these beautiful spring evenings I'd rather not spend a ton of time in the kitchen at the end of a long day.  So it's great when I can make a tasty weeknight dinner with minimal effort.  This quick and simple dinner certainly hit the spot for everyone at my table.  I love the ease of cooking an entire meal in an individual packet.  Not to mention how great it makes for clean up time!

I was inspired to try this combination somewhere on the vast land of Pinterest.  Not sure where the original pin came from but it was pretty great as written.  Next time I'll omit the ranch dressing, as I feel it would have been perfectly tasty without it.  Why add extra junk if you don't need to, right.  I look forward to trying different variations of flavors in the future.  Enjoy!

Chicken Foil Packets
1 package of stuffing mix (I used low sodium chicken flavor)
1 1/4 c warm water
4 thin sliced chicken breast halves, seasoned to taste
1-2 cups of fresh, uncooked broccoli
2-4 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 Tbls =/- of ranch dressing (optional)

4 large squares of foil (you may want to double line if your foil is on the thinner side)

Preheat oven to 400.

Lay 4 large qquares of foil on the counter and spray with non stick cooking spray.  In a bowl, mix together stuffing mix and water.  Spoon 1/4 of stuffing into the center of each foil square.  Top with chicken breast, then broccoli florets, bacon, and cheese.  Drizzle with ranch if desired.

Fold foil into individual packets, leaving enough room for steam.

Place in oven for approx 35 min.  Careful when opening packets, as steam will be hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment