Looking for a quick weeknight meal? This Chicken with Feta sauce comes together in no time! Enjoy!
Herb Crusted Chicken w/ Feta Sauce
From Cooking Light Fresh fast Food - Weeknight Meals
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Feta Sauce
- Combine panko and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in panko mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until done. Place 1 chicken breast half on each of 4 plates, and spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons Feta Sauce over each serving.
- Feta Sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package reduced-fat feta cheese
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1/2 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons, respectively. Combine rind, juice, mint, oil, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cheese, stirring with a whisk.